23 December 2015

The 12 Crafts of Christmas - No.12: The Garland



....and here it is, the 12th of my 12 Crafts of Christmas – a really cool garland for your fireplace (or wherever else you'd like to hang it) made from bay leaves!

My son Felix and his partner Lizzy made this garland last year and updated it this year with some fresh green leaves. They picked the leaves from the bay tree in their garden and, using my paint, Chalk Paint®, they painted the tips of some leaves and adorned others in polka dots. They chose a range of colours for variety, including Arles, Scandinavian Pink, Old Violet and Old White.

This is a decoration that can stay up all year round, and looks fantastic as the leaves dry out over time, and become paler in colour. I just love its simplicity!


I hope you've enjoyed following my 12 crafts, and have had fun joining in – don't forget to share your  own projects with me by tagging me on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, or in the comments below.

I'd like to wish you all a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy 2016!

Yours, Annie


Follow #12CraftsofChristmas on InstagramTwitter and Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment