17 December 2016

Annie Sloan Christmas Shelfie: Coloured Linen Stockings

The last of my projects, but by no means the least, these adorable little stockings bring lots of colour to my whole Christmas Shelfie scene. Easy to do, they make great little gifts on their own, but of course, they work best filled with lots of lovely treats too!


You will need: 


Firstly, make a pattern by drawing out your desired stocking shape, allowing for seam allowance and a hem for the top. Cut out your Coloured Linen using your pattern piece with the fabric scissors. Sew up your stocking and hem the top. For the fringed detail you will be folding in half a strip of linen the width of your stocking. Choose a complementary Coloured Linen, and hand stitch it with the contrasting embroidery thread, with a festive little stitch of your choice (as you can see I've used a cross stitch). Once completed start to fringe the fabric by pulling one thread at a time. Sew in a contrasting loop of Coloured Linen at the top to hang your stocking on your shelf! 

Voila! I love how bright and cheery they look, especially with the contrasting fringing. They make excellent presents too, I must say! 

Take a look at my Facebook page later to see them hung up on my Christmas Shelf! 

Yours, 

Annie 


2 comments:

  1. Choose a complementary Coloured Linen, and hand stitch it with the contrasting embroidery thread, with a festive little stitch of your choice (as you can see I've used a cross stitch).(Glassesshop.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good, you did wonderful job here and it looks easy to make. I am going to try to make it as well, hope I will do good in it. Thank you for sharing it

    ReplyDelete